Podcasting – What is it? ·
A Podcast is a web feed of audio or video files placed on the internet for anyone to subscribe to.
· Subscribing (free) to a Podcast allows a user to collect programs from a variety of sources for listening or viewing OFFLINE at whatever time and place is convenient to them.
• Can now be played, replayed or archived as with any computer file.
• This differs from streaming files because streaming files require a constant connection to the internet and only one source at a time can be viewed.
RSS Really Simple Syndication
• Format for syndicating news and other content from the internet.
• Selectively choose what information to pull to you.
• Get new content when it becomes available.
• Used to distribute files - podcasting.
• Once a file is created with this “tag” in it’s metadata, every-time a new show is posted then it will automatically be downloaded to the users computer.
• Itunes is a powerful piece of software to accomplish this task, but it’s not the only software available.
• It’s free, it’s available for PC’s as well as Macs and it syncs with an iPod with a click of a mouse.
Podcasting Files and Presentations